Friday, December 2, 2011

Packing Pro

Today is our pre-departure meeting. We were told to come to the meeting packed, and ready to go to Australia. We will walk to downtown Auburn for a drink (I'll be getting tea!), so that we can get a feel for how traveling with our luggage will be like.

I wanted to take one bag to avoid paying all the checked luggage fees. Also one bag means less "junk" to lug around! New Zealand's carry-on weight limit is 10kg, which is a little over 20 pounds. I was able to pack one bag, which weighs 14 lbs.

On the trip home, I'm sure it will weigh more!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, 14 pounds doesn't seem like very much for 40 days worth of clothes, computer, etc!
    Hope you guys don't have to carry it around too much though- my brothers and I spend 3 weeks in Europe, and a backpack can get pretty heavy after a couple days of walking for sure!

    ReplyDelete