Monday, January 16, 2012

Australian Open

The day was long, and very windy, but also amazing! Ben, a fellow ENVD student, and I woke up early and went to a local cafe for breakfast, where I enjoyed a delicious banana filled crepe. That started the day off just the way I needed it to, as we had a long day ahead of us. The group clustered together outside of our accommodations, and we were all handed the golden ticket, to the Australian Open. I don’t know much about tennis, but I do know that Roger Federer is an amazing athlete, and that I was going to see him play later in the evening.


We started our trek across town to RMIT, a university mainly teaching project management, where we were served lunch. A professor from the school then took us (by tram instead of foot this time) to a construction site that L U SIMON is currently working on. The soon to be apartment buildings were interesting to see, as we were shown each floor in different stages of completion.