Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Headache of the Century

Unfortunately, I missed out on today's exciting exploration of Melbourne's convention center. I woke up with a horrible headache; it was worse than previous headaches I've had in my life, and light/sound just made it worse. I took some Ibuprofen, and ended up sleeping until 1:30 in the afternoon. My buddy Patrick showed up at the door around 2, and began relaying all the amazing things I missed that morning. He did ask how I felt before making me feel like I missed the trip of a lifetime, but the latter kind of overruled any feelings of sympathy I received from him.

Everyone began napping after their long morning of exploring, so I just stayed in bed as well. After awhile everyone began waking up, and they were all starving. For the first time all day, I ventured out of my room, as we went on a search for food. We found a Chinese place named Lok Lok Dumpling, where the portions were ridiculously large, for a fraction of the normal prices I've seen elsewhere around Australia. The food was great, and we brought home leftovers for lunch or dinner on another day. As dinner came to an end, so did my day. I wasted an entire day in this land far from home, just because of a headache. That feeling is frustrating, but I'll make up for it in the 14 days left on the trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment