Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Last day... for now.

This gorgeous, yet last, day in Sydney proved to be just as exciting as I had hoped. Animals are a weak spot of mine. If you don’t believe me, ask my parents, to whom I constantly brought new pets as a kid (even if I couldn’t keep them)! That said, going to the Taronga Zoo was amazing. The koalas, kangaroos, wallabies, platypus, and even the giraffes, elephants, and penguins, were all great. Seeing the Australian animals up close and personal, was an experience that I will treasure! 



Koalas sleep 20 hours a day
I was literally within arms reach of
this guy, and he just stared at me.


Roo's are just chillin'
Tasmanian Devils eat roadkill
The tasmanian devil is most widely known as Taz, the Looney Tunes character. The spinning antics of Taz are not seen in any tasmanian devil today, though. A zoo keeper at the Taronga Zoo explained that when Taz was created, the tasmanian devils in zoos had nothing to occupy themselves with, and would end up spinning around in boredom. Some animals sway, some pace, and some spin. These bored, spinning, devils, gave way to the famous character, Taz.

The view from the zoo was surprising. I have been amazed by this city... One minute, you’re surrounded by trees, and the next, you’re in the middle of skyscrapers! Also, the view coming back from the zoo was great, as it always is in Sydney. The bridge is a monument to architects everywhere, and should continue to be a prized possession of Sydney.



  • Tomorrow, we are off to Brisbane, where an entirely new phase of this blog will begin. Prepare yourselves people... Prepare yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment